Monday, February 22, 2010

My Blue Eyed Boy

On Sunday February 14th - our beautiful baby boy turned one! What was truly amazing, other than the fact that an entire year has gone by, was that over the last 2 weeks I have felt like I have seen Rece make the transition from baby to toddler - he has started talking A LOT and getting so close to walking, and even the way he looks, he is losing some of his little rolls and has the newly emerging frame of a little boy and less and less of a chubby baby. What stays the same, amazingly enough, are his beautiful dark blue eyes. I never in a million years pictured Jeremy and my child with big blue eyes, and when Rece was born with hair as dark as mine I figured his eyes would follow and turn my dark brown or at the very least a hazel like his daddy. His hair has lightened considerably, but not those eyes, they have not changed, they have stayed that gorgeous sparkling blue.
Quick Stats @ 12 Months
* 24 lbs - 68th percentile
* 31 inches long - 86 percentile

I truly cannot believe the first year has come and gone. Some months have moved faster than others....but now it seems like the days go by at warp speed. I can't tell if it is getting easier - like everyone kept saying at would as he got older, or if we are just getting better at being parents. Nothing like on the job training I guess. For me, I feel like I spent the first few months of Rece's life, "managing" motherhood, just getting through it, wanting it to pass. Over the last several months though, I feel like I am finally enjoying being a mom. I have even had a micro thought, about a thought, about thinking about, having another one someday.... (don't get to excited Grandparents...it is going to be a while yet)

Anyway, I digress....for his big day we went home to Michigan and he and daddy flew! So he actually had his first airplane ride before he was a year old. We had two birthday parties, one at my mom and dad's on Saturday and one at Jeremy's parents on Valentines Day - his actual Birthday. Both were a lot of fun. He isn't much into soft or fluffy foods so he more or less smashed the cake and licked the frosting off his fingers.





He got lots of cool toys and clothes and a bunch of people also went together on a HUGE outdoor toy for this summer. Can't wait!

A few more pics of the milestone!
Happy Birthday Rece! We love you bunches!!!





1 comment:

J-Lynn Runs said...

Yay! An update about Rece's first b-day. I love it. He is so cute!! Thanks for sharing!! (and giving me something new to look at on my phone at 3:30am$