Sunday, July 11, 2010

So Small

So I had a REALLY craptastic week at work last week after I got back from vacation. I don't blog about work details but just know that I needed a serious break from thinking about it over the weekend to keep my sanity. So here we are, Sunday night. I went for a walk with the Ipod and I was shuffling through trying to find a album or songs that would get my blood flowing and get me pumped for the week ahead. I was looking for something that would make me think of kicking a little "butt". What I oddly landed on was "So Small", by one of my faves Carrie Underwood. Ironically, this was just what I needed and really says it all. I won't paste the whole thing, but I really love this part:

It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river that's so wide
It swallows you whole
While you're sitting around thinking 'bout what you can't change
And worrying about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count 'cause you can't get it back
Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
Oh, and when you figure out
Love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else
Seem so small!

Hoping for a better week and going to keep in mind that work is just that work. Not my life.

No comments: