Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pregnancy - Ver. 2

If you are reading this post it is after Thanksgiving when we have told our families that we are expecting little Relli #2!


I have been wanting to keep kind of a running log of my second pregnancy to post after we announce it, but I have been so icky feeling and at the same time been so busy with travel from work that I have had no ambition. So anyway, it is November 13th and I am finally starting to feel at least a little better and so I will now try to recall what has happened the last couple of months.


We planned on trying for a summer baby this time as the first time around Rece was born at the beginning of baseball season and it made for a struggle throughout my maternity leave. I would really like to have a different experience this time around, with Jeremy being off all summer, I am hoping we get just that. My due date is June 15th, which is Jeremy's b-day! Although I don't put too much weight on that considering Rece came 3 weeks ahead of his due date.


So here I am - going on 10 weeks pregnant, here is what it has been like thus far:


Not the best.


That's right, I said it - I haven't enjoyed the first part of this pregnancy. I know that I will, and I feel bad saying it even, I loved my 2nd and 3rd trimesters with Rece, however this first trimester has been challenging for me.


I took my home pregnancy test on Wed October 5th, about 4 days ahead of when I should have been taking it. Although I knew I was pregnant the day before I took it, as I drank a frappe at lunch and about hurled it all over my desk. I also knew...this means trouble.... to be nauseous so early.


So as expected my test came back positive. Since I was taking it a few days earlier than planned (apparently they do work "5 days sooner") when I showed it to Jeremy before work that Wed morning he just said "Huh". Later I discovered that he didn't really believe me...or more clearly, he believed me but thought it might not be true because it was so early. So I took a couple more tests closer to the weekend - and I think it sunk in for both of us.


From the very beginning I was nauseous. It started where I was just nauseated during the day usually the worst between 10am - 3pm. Then week 5 came and I was nauseous 24/7. I woke up in the night nauseous. Riding in the car to work in the morning was absolutely miserable. I wasn't physically getting sick, I just felt like I was going to all day every day. This went on pretty constantly from weeks 5-9. I feel like it has gotten a little more manageable, I still have plenty of times where I feel like butt, but I also have times where I feel "okay" I wouldn't say I feel normal by any means. For one thing, I have to eat - all the time- or else I feel so sick I want to lie on the floor in the fetal position. It's like as soon as I get hungry the nausea intensifies so much that I can't possibly think about eating...which makes the sickness worse. So I have spent the weeks trying to stay ahead of this, and also not gain 20 pounds. I am so sick of eating. It's like I have to force myself to eat so I am not so sick. And of course, do all of the healthy foods I should be eating sound good??.... NO of course they don't. I also have a ton of food aversions this time around. I can't even fathom eating certain things right now. But again, I feel like that is starting to ease up just a bit.


Weird things I have experienced this pregnancy:

I have to eat an apple cinnamon nutri grain bar before getting out of bed.

I want to hurl if I try to drink anything other than water. Which is annoying since the best Starbucks holiday drinks are out.

I love bananas

I love bread and all things with bread on them

I want to hurl if I chew gum

I am forgetting everything, like my wallet on my desk after I have ordered food at the drive thru.

Laying on my sides at night makes me way more sick than laying on my back




Where am I now? Well my pants are getting tight already. Big shock since all I do is eat. We had our dating ultrasound on Friday the 11th and I measured only a couple of days ahead of my LMP due date. Interestingly this ultrasound was almost 2 weeks later than Rece's dating ultrasound and we could see little nub arms and legs this time around which was cute.

I am looking forward to feeling better and of course to having another baby in our family!

2 comments:

The Knoll Family said...

Yea! Congratulations. I hope you start to feel better soon, feeling sick, but not getting sick is the worst. Can't wait for more updates over the next 8 or so months.

Chrystal said...

First of all, congrats on another baby! So excited for you!!

Second of all, I totally understand how you are feeling. You described my pregnancy to a tee. I felt like that from weeks 6-20. After about 20, I was still sick every day, but not quite as bad. I had to eat all the time to make it even managable and it still was icky. I got so sick of eating!! And I loved bananas or really any fruit. I feel for ya, sister. Hope you are feeling much better very soon!