Friday, March 2, 2012

My baby is 3...

Wow. Rece is 3!

I can't believe my little man is 3 years old. He is the light of my life. He is such a smart little guy - what I love most about him is how great he communicates - we can have complete conversations and we really have been able to for a while. And yet there are still a few words that he says in a cutesy baby way like: "grill" for girl, "coughcloth" for washcloth, and "aminal" for animal. I don't correct him because secretly I don't want him to say these last few words right just yet. He talks like a the born and raised Pennsylvanian that he is - he pronounces his "O"s like "A"s - cracks us up.

He is such lover. Hugs and kisses and "I love you's" that he closes his eyes for when he hugs you - showing real little people emotion and not just saying words. He likes "family hugs".

He is getting to the "don't help me, I can do it myself" phase. I have to remind myself that this phase means things are going to take longer and I am learning patience.

He loves trucks, trains and dinosaurs.

He is getting closer to being potty trained - please let him be potty trained by May....

He already loves his baby sister to be - Ava. He kisses my belly and talks about her says "My baby is going to be so cute!" I can't wait until he becomes a big brother, he is going to be great at it.

He loves his new preschool room and is doing fantastic. Although he often informs me that "Writing R's is hard"

I have to admit I am trying not to think about what it will be like to add a baby into the mix. I feel like we have just gotten to the point with Rece where we things have calmed down, we are in the grove with this parenting thing....an then there were two....

No comments: