Monday, October 20, 2008

Our weekend...

This weekend we went to the PSU vs. Michigan game at Penn State with some friends from Michigan who drove in and stayed with us. We had a great time even if only half the game was a good time from the Michigan fan's perspective. PSU fans are all breathing a sigh of relief since they hadn't beat Michigan in 9 years! Like I said to every person who so nicely brought it up at work today...Once a decade is acceptable I guess :-) Now I would just like to see PSU beat OSU, win out and compete for the National Title so the Big Ten gets some sort of credit!

Sunday I started to refinish the dresser we are putting in the nursery. It is painted brown now, but I need to darken it to better match the black/brown finish of the crib. So instead of completely repainting I bought a mini can of black semi gloss and took old t-shirts and basically wiped two coats of black over the brown. More or less rag rolling I guess. Anyway, I am loving the way it is turning out, it darkens the color a couple of shades but lets the brown come through underneath. And I don't have to go through a big process to get the look that I want. Oh, and our crib came in, we are going to put it together this weekend.

Other than that we are still letting the news of our having a little boy sink in, it seems all the more real now that we can associate a gender and a name to my growing belly.

2 comments:

jane said...

Oooh, its killing me not knowing the name. Now I know how annoying it was for everyone when it was us. Why did we have to start that trend!!

Kristin Jensen said...

Hey Chass-
Chrystal told me to check our your blog- Congrats! On the baby not the blog. Just wanted to sayi "hi"
Kristin