Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spoiled

Our "spring" weather has been so incredible that we have been incredibly spoiled. Easter weekend was 80+ and Sunny everyday for goodness sakes...And even since then we have had very few days that weren't 65+ and sunny. So today, being that it is the middle of April I can't help but be bummed that the weather is so cold and windy and well....seasonal. This is the kind of weather we are "supposed" to be having. Yuck.

Anyway, since I am a baseball widow today and Rece is quietly watching Yo Gabba Gabba and having a snack of milk and goldfish crackers, I thought, no better time to draft up a blog post.

So what has been going on you ask? Well lots I suppose.

Big Rece news: He started taking independent steps! He has been walking behind push toys and using a mommy or daddy finger as support for a while, but now he is doing it all by himself a few steps at a time.

He is also starting to use mini sentences - no joke here, I am no Dr. Sears or anything (and I could be a wee bit biased) but I think his vocabulary and speaking ability is pretty stellar. Jeremy and I counted about 25 "words" that he has now, and I am sure we are forgetting some. He is also putting things together: Thank You, What's That?, Where they go? He loves books and sits patiently (most mornings) waiting for mommy and daddy to get ready and reads to himself, just flipping through one board book after another. He is so social, we go to Target and he says Hi to everyone we see throughout the store and then after we have checked out he switches to Bye to everyone on the way out. This weekend the guy at Lowes said "Hey buddy, you can probably do my job" - he was the guy who hangs out at the door greets you and directs you to the department you are looking for. He also likes to tell you what is his, example the other day he took the lady at day-care's flip flop off and kept telling her "shoe, mine!". For 14 months old, I think he is a genius. But like I said I could be a little bit biased. ;-)
Other than that, we think (Rece's pediatrician and I) that Rece may have seasonal allergies, so we are trying some children's claritan to see if his symptoms improve.

Other than Rece's happenings, work has been good, busy as ever before but I like it really, I like the intensity and I feel like I get more done when the pressure is on. Jeremy is in a word "baseball". He is coaching the High School JV team and they are playing 3-4 games a week and then he is playing in two leagues which have started to "practice" - good lord ;-)

Lastly, a couple of products/things I have discovered and love lately:
Steamfresh single serve veggies - peas in particular - Rece LOVES peas. Go figure.
Green Giant "Just for One" veggies - especially Cauliflower with cheese sauce ;-)
Shutterfly Share sites - great way to share pictures without having to email them.
Kids consignment sales - I got Rece's entire summer wardrobe for next to nothing.
My new virtual wallet account at PNC - IT ROCKS!
Zyrtec and Flonase - Need them both to surrvive my allergies this time of year.

No comments: