Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rece update

I have several posts drafted in my mind, just haven't taken the time to write them, so I am going to try and start knocking a few out. First as always is Rece. Or simply "man" as Jeremy and I call him. As in "how did Man do at school today?"

He will be 21 months old this weekend. I am not sure what is crazier that we are in the second to last month of 2010 already or that my son is going to be 2 years old in three months! Here's the thing, he looks and talks like he is going on 3, so I have long sense gotten over him not being a "baby" anymore but it's still amazing to think he has been in our lives for almost 2 years now. Here is what he has been up to:

He is somewhere around 34 inches tall and just weighed in at about 29 pounds. Which I was relieved by since I feel like he hasn't eaten anything in 4 weeks. (This is obviously an exaggeration, but sometimes that is how it feels)

He is finally off the preavicid and not having any issues with reflux!

He says some funny stuff, here are a couple of his latest:
- He will grab a cup and pretend to be drinking - when you ask him what he is drinking he says "having a coffee".

- "I boogers in my nose" when you wipe them out he says "I see them?"

- He often talks about people coming to see him, since our family is always coming to visit. He will say "Grandma coming to see you?" (you meaning "me"?) or "Bubba Coming?" (Bubba is my dad) The latest is : "Santa! - he coming!"

-One morning I woke him up from a dead sleep and he says "What's daddy doing?" which he says every morning. But then he followed with " Daddy Poopin?, Me see." Boys.

-When getting my flu shot, he sees that I am going to get a poke and yells "No Mommy, Get Up!" He was so sweet I thought he was going to cry when he saw I was going to get a shot.

He is obsessed with Thomas the Train.

He is also very interested in the "going potty" he mostly just wants to sit on the toilet and pull paper off the roll. But now he has added making a "psssssssssssssss" noise when he sits there. And he talks a lot about getting the pee-pee out - but we haven't see any in the toilet as of yet. He will have a down right fit if we don't put him on the potty when he asks.

He had a pretty nasty cold a couple of weeks ago, but it never went to his chest (hooray for flow vent!) It may have stuck in his sinuses, still TBD.

It has been a good fall so far and I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with my "man".

No comments: