Sunday, May 17, 2009

3 Months Old

When Rece was 6 weeks old this nurse practitioner at the Peds office told me that I would just have to deal with the colic,told me puttting him on formula wouldn't help anything and wrote me a perscription for a new reflux med that she told me she didn't think would work any better, but gave it to me anyway, probably because I was having a break down in her office. She also said that if we could just get to 3 months he would be a differnent baby. Thanks a lot lady... That was 7 weeks ago but it seems like it was 7 months. So much has changed in that time! I followed my instincts and started formula, didn't fill that perscription and I do indeed have a happier baby, I saw a difference within days of giving up the breastfeeding. I have also felt 100% better, once I stopped b-feeding my hormones returned to normal within a couple of weeks and I have felt like a normal person again.

Mr. Rece at 3 months:
~12lbs 14oz
~Rolls over from his tummy to back more and more all the time
~Has slept through the night for 5 nights in a row- Knock on wood! When he isn't sleeping all the way through the night he wakes up for one bottle in the early am.
~He will hold on to toys/rattles but he doesn't recognize that he is the one making the noise so sometimes he freaks himself out.
~He can hold his head up well when he is on his tummy but not yet when propped up.
~He watches cartoons on Noggin in the morning when we are getting ready for work :-)
~He smiles and laughs a lot, especially at his daddy. He laughs the most when he is getting his diaper changed randomly...
~He is in constant motion, his arms and legs are always going
~The gas monster only comes to visit every once and a while, for some reason we are avereraging one random day a week for gas and crankiness.

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

OMGosh - 3 months? Where has the time gone? I was thinking of Rece this morning, on my way to work - I still haven't met him! Maybe next time you are in MI, we can meet up?

J-Lynn Runs said...

I cannot believe he is 3 months old!!! Holy Guacamole!! I love reading how big he is getting and all the things he is doing. I can't wait to meet the little man sometime!! Glad to hear things are going well!!

Jeanette said...

Chas,

Great to read your blog, as well! Crazy that our sons are 1 day apart! I read your blog and think, yeah, Eli's doing that too! It's reassuring to see a parent who goes through similar things. I was starting to save money for Eli's future therapy bills. :)
Looking forward to more reading!