Friday, May 1, 2009

A Good Start? Not So Much

Ok - so is there anything else in this world that makes you question yourself as much as being a mom? I am a fairly confident person, I have a career where I have to advise people, help them make decisions and sometimes make decisions for them so things get done for gods sake! But when it comes to being a mom I am constantly contemplating and obsessing over every decision I make! And of course the baby cannot give you feedback on whether you are making the right decision or not, he can't tell you if his tummy hurts or if his ears hurt so you have to more or less guess and then live with the uncertainty until it goes away....and you move on to worrying about the next thing.

If you read my last post you know I decided to try Good Start formula to see if it would be easier for Rece to digest and hence lessen the constipation and gas. Well, 2.5 days later - we have literally vomited 2 bottles, one in our sleep and one at day care, and we are pooping yellow, curdled slimy poo, about 4 times a day. If it isn't coming out one end it starts coming out both ends apparently. The main difference in the formula is that the Similac is Lactose Free and the Good Start is made from 100 Whey and is partially broken down. All I can assume from the very bad reaction he had to it is that he has a lactose intolerance. Because looking back he wasn't doing THAT bad on that formula comparatively speaking, and I would rather give him some prune juice then have him have an entire bottle coming back up. I am just going to put him back on the sensitive and go with it, if he gets more constipated, I will try the soy.....I have heard from several friends that Good Start works great for them, for us not so much. Of course this is literally all I thought about at work on my first day back.

Ahhhhhhhhhh,motherhood.....

No comments: