Thursday, March 10, 2011

Are you kidding me?

Yep, you MUST be kidding me. I just called my doctor's office and told them I needed to come in because my tonsils were swollen again. I told the cliff notes version of how I went to urgent care a couple weeks ago for the same thing and that they gave me antibiotics which helped but now it is back. The scheduler said that because of the "screw-ups" they are seeing due to urgent care they are telling patients "if you started there - you have to finish there". Excuse me???? So I replied back - "if I had just called for an appointment and not mentioned urgent care - I would be fine? That doesn't seem fair to me" and "you are telling me they are so incompetent, and now you are going to send me back there?" She also told me "not to mention it to my doctor" when I come in. Really? Really? So I am not supposed to tell my Doctor what I was treated for/with? B.S.! Watch me.

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This just takes the cake. Especially, the "don't tell your doctor" part. Unreal. Patient care at it's finest. You'll have to do a "Part 2" when you talk to him.

ann said...

This couldn't really be more annoying.

The Tomasoski Family said...

That actually sounds totally illegal! I can't believe they would deny seeing you?? Please keep us posted how things turned out! Hope you are feeling better!