Monday, March 23, 2009

Update- B-feeding

I have decided that the only way I can survive this and continue to make breastfeeding work is to eliminate at least some of the "steps" that are now involved AND involve Jeremy more. I have let this control me and not being in control is not one of my strong suits, SO the plan is - since I already have to pump to get rid of the watery milk I am just going to pump a little more so that the flow is reduced enough to toss the shields that I was having to use. They suck and they are incredibly frustrating and are not a natural part of the process. I also found out that I can give Rece the probiotics in two doses of 1/2 tsp rather than splitting it up before several feedings, again trying to remove all the garbage from this supposedly "simple" process. Finally, I am going to let Jeremy take the 2 am (or 3 or 4, whenever it ends up being) feeding with bottle a few nights a week so that I can get more sleep. I tried to do this by myself because obviously I am the only one that can actually feed him, but it is too much for me at this point.

Thanks to all the mommies out there for their comments and encouragement on the blog and facebook. I keep telling myself, it must get better, or we would all be only children....

On some positive notes, my parents visited this past weekend and that was a huge help and I will post pics soon. And I have an appt on Wed afternoon with a baby massuse, recomended by my lactation consultant, who comes to my house and will show me how to massage Mr. Rece. Hopefully that will be worth while, I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Erica said...

This sounds like a great plan. I hope that things go smoothly. It sucks to ask for help sometimes but we need to at times to stay sane. Keep up the good work. Take care!

jane said...

Sounds like a good plan. I am so glad you are getting help. It is so hard to do by yourself. Thank God you have a lactation consultant. Hopefully Mr. Rece gets filled up on that nice fatty milk and get a massage and is a happy baby so you are a happy mommy :)

BTW- I had the massage amount of foremilk problem too, it did get better once my body adjusted...

The Knoll Family said...

Wow, Chass ... It sounds like you have your hands full. I hope it gets better soon.