Friday, April 17, 2009

2 months

We took Rece to the Dr. this week for his 8 week visit.
When he was born he was 6 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches
he was 6lbs 7 oz when we brought him home from the hospital.

Here are his two month stats:

*11 lbs 3 oz
*23.5 inches long

-He smiles and coos, especially for his mama who has perfected the high pitched baby talk tone he likes the most.

- On Wed. of this week I put him on his tummy and he rolled himself over to his left onto his back - I just sat there with my mouth open. He hasn't done it again since.

-He holds his chest and head up for a long time each time when on his tummy

-He LOVES the musical star/smiley face on his baby Einstein activity mat - he will literally lie there and stare at it, doing bicycles with his legs for like an hour.

-He is finally beginning to sleep at night more, and at least for the last two weeks has developed a "pattern" - he goes to bed between 9-10 and wakes up for a bottle around 3-4 am. He goes back out, not as soundly, until 7-8am. (knock on wood!)

-He really only takes one long nap during the day about 3 hours - just after his early afternoon bottle. Sometimes he will drift off for 45 mins or so in the morning but that nap never lasts long.

-His reflux is still there but has turned from spitting up mucus stuff to swallowing the spit up. Which causes him to taste the food and drool like you wouldn't believe, so so so much slobber! Enough to make him wake himself up sometimes coughing and chocking on it. So he is on an acid reducer to hopefully reduce this for him, he was coughing enough he sounded horse when he cried :-(

-He has started to "fight" naps and going to bed, he is a challenge to relax but when he does he is usually out. I am not sure if we are waiting to long and he is overtired when we try or what? I put him down for naps during the day and daddy has had the touch getting him to sleep at night. We trade the middle of the night feeds so far.

-He seems to be adjusting well to being on the bottle, and overall just acts like he feels a lot better, luckily we can move him to the "sensitive" formula rather than the pricey hypoallergenic stuff!

-He starts daycare Monday the 27th for some partial days where I stay with him and begin to leave him for short periods, I return to work May 1. It will be sad and hard I am sure to leave him, but in many ways I am excited to get back to work. I really enjoy the social part of my job - talking to adults :-) I say that now but I will probably be a basket case when I have to leave him. We shall see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck with daycare. That was the hardest day, the day I left him to go to work for the first time. I totally thought it was going to be hard but it was so much harder. I cried all day (and infront of my students when they asked how he was...always a good first impression with kids...haha) but when I picked him up that night and saw he was ok, it made the rest of the week a lot easier. Now we have a good little routine going. Good Luck!! Sound like Rece is really making progress and growing well!! Such a cutie!!

jane said...

I know what you mean about the social aspect of the job and talking to adults. Maternity leave is hard! The good news is that you will miss him a lot more than he will miss you :)