Thursday, February 19, 2009

Checking in

I have a few minutes so I thouhgt I would post quickly to let everyone know how we are doing. Everything went fine at the hospital, I was induced because I had a fluid leak, there was little to no progress the first 18 or so hours, then the doctor offically broke my water and things pretty much flew from there. I was about 3cm and 90% effaced at 1:30 pm and things progressed rapidly, I started pushing at 3:20, Rece was born at 3:30pm. The doctor and nurses were scrambling at the end to get all thier gear prepared for his birth. He was 6lbs, 13 oz and 20 inches long. We came home on Monday and so far, so good. Rece is a very good baby so far, our main struggle so far is geting him comfortable laying/sleeping on his back, he likes to be upright. Because my actual delivery went so fast he didn't expell a lot of the mucus in his lungs/stomach and he is a little early so the Dr. says both are contributing to a gag reflux and gas issue which makes him very mad when he is laid down. So we have been working in shifts so he can sleep upright on someone's shoulder just for a few more days. We continue to work with him laying down trying not to let him cry for two long as when he gets really worked up the gag reflux gets going. Other than that he eats about every 3 hours and then sits in the swing or sleeps for about 3 hours, and that is how we have spent the days. :-)
My parents arrived on Tuesday and that has been great, allowing Jeremy and I some time to get groceries etc and some needed naps as well.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and warm wishes and for reaching out to see how things are going. I apologize for not getting back to all of you yet, I am sure as we settle in a little more I will have some more time.

Hope all is well with everyone,

3 comments:

Erica said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. I hope that the sleeping is getting better and he doesn't have to be upright to sleep. He sounds like a little peanut compared to my monster (9lbs6oz 23") He looks really good for being a few weeks early. Best wishes!!!

Taylor Barton said...

chass!!! I know you're probably veeeerrrrry busy, but I need to see some more pictures!!!!!

Allison said...

Congrats! He's adorable!