Friday, February 13, 2009

This is it - A Valentines Baby?

Well, as they say the best laid plans...

I had some fluid leaking and wasn't sure what it was so I went to the Dr. this afternoon. Go figure it is amniotic fluid....

So here I am writing from my the confines of my new hospital room, I was induced at 3:40 this afternoon. I am starting to have some mild contractions now, nothing all that noticeable and they say the baby looks like a champ on the monitor so all looks good for us to have a little February baby boy.

I had planed to work all next week in the office and then work from home the last week of Feb leading up to my due date the first week of March. And tomorrow I was supposed to get my eye brows done and my hair cut and go out to dinner with Jeremy and clean out the fridge....BUT Rece has other plans, I guess he figures "full term" means enough (so like his Mommy - impatient for results) and is ready to make his appearance. I tried to negotiate with the Doctor to see if I really really needed to be induced or if I could wait a week or so, but go figure she said yes you really really should be induced to prevent infection. So again, here I am....

We will post of our funny little valentine as soon as we have them...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am really excited for you, Chass! Good luck, I know you will do great. My water broke and I ended up getting induced too because I wasn't progressing and Grant did get an infection. So, no fridge cleaning for you, missy!! :)

Just be strong and before you know it, little Rece will be in your arms and you will be a mom and it will be the best thing ever!

I will be obsessively checking this blog for pics! Keeping you in my prayers...