Tuesday, September 16, 2008

16 weeks

Today I had my 16 week visit to the OB. The visit went great, the baby's heart rate was 150 and it actually kicked at the Dr. when she was listening for the heartbeat, which made quite the funny noise. The Dr. said that the baby was flipping around a lot and making her work to find the heartbeat again, but she did and I got to listen to it at least for a few seconds, more than last time when as soon as one of the other Dr's found it he moved on and rushed onto the next thing.

Then I had to have the glucose test....that was another story. The drink was awful and they told me not to eat carbs/sugar for breakfast so I had some scrambled eggs about 7 am and had the test done at 9:15 by the time I drank the giant cup of orange crush from hell and waited my hour for the blood draw, I thought I was going to toss my cookies. It was like reliving my morning sickness all over again only worse I think. Glad that is done, hope it comes back normal so I don't have to do it again!! Thank god my job is flexible so I just plugged in from home and didn't have to get back into the car to drive to the office.

Next appt Oct 16th for 20 weeks and our ultra sound, can't wait!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That stuff was gross. I got sick from it too. And, you basically need a dentist stat after drinking it. So, are you guys finding out the sex of the baby or having a surprise?

Lynn and Steve said...

We just keep getting more and more excited for you!!! I still remember feeling and actually seeing the boys push their elbows or knees out. Those are memories you will always have!