Sunday, September 28, 2008

28

This weekend I celebrated my 28th Birthday! It ended up being pretty good, we went to Williamsport in the morning to order the baby crib (we ordered it in the dark stain) at a furniture store that carries the baby's dream line. It's solid wood and converts from a crib to toddler bed and then to a full bed if we want/need it to down the line. What we liked about it is that you didn't need to order conversion kits to turn it into the toddler bed or full bed. After that we came home to watch college football of course and it started out as a bit of a boring afternoon. On a normal birthday I would have preferred to head to a great bar & grill and sip on a favorite variety of wine...not in the cards this year, so we stayed home. Then the Michigan game came on...the first half was so awful it just made me more antsy to get out of the house I have never seen poorer football. Then there was the second half....which was AWESOME (well the play still wasn't great but the comeback was incredible!)...the greatest comeback ever at the Big House! Lets be honest Michigan will take any win they can get this year so I consider it my birthday miracle... :-)

Today it rained and rained and rained, so I finally took a crack at starting to clean out the nursery a bit, which really began by moving crap out of that room into our bedroom and the guest room, with the ultimate goal of getting it all put away and/or donating somethings to goodwill. Once it the weather let up a little I ran to Home Depot and Lowes to get some paint swatches so we can start to paint over the next few weeks. We decided to go with some shade of spice/raspberry/red and cream and brown in the nursery. It will work for either gender and goes with the earthy tones already in our house. Of course I came home with 30+ swatches of varieties of these colors but I am sure we will wean them down to a couple we like.

2 comments:

jane said...

Happy B-day! Sorry I missed giving you a call yesterday. It has been a bit crazy around here being a single mom :)

Your crib sounds really cool and the colors sound like they will look beautiful with it. Nice and neutral, not too babyish.

Looking forward to visiting in Nov!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday! I really like the crib you chose. We have a convertible one too and we love it.