Sunday, September 21, 2008

The weekend

This weekend was pretty low key, we went to a high school football game on Friday night at the school where Jeremy teaches, they lost pretty bad and so we left at halftime. Saturday we went to Altoona, a little bit bigger town than we live in about 45 mins away and did some shopping. I needed some new clothes and they have a Motherhood store and a Kohl's with a maternity section. I found some cute things I can grow into and I should be good for a while. Sat. afternoon and evening we did some yard work and watched football, or at least Jeremy did, I fell asleep on the couch at 9 during the LSU game. All that shopping for preggers clothes and trimming our tree's and shrubs wore me out.

Sunday we went to Lowes and ordered a replacement window for the baby's future room. We are going to slowly start replacing our old windows one room at a time and since I want the baby's room to be warm and comfy we started there. Lowes is having a sale where special order windows and doors are 20% off, plus I had a $10 off coupon so we saved a good bit on the window which should be here in 2 weeks. When my parents come to PA in October my dad and Jeremy will install it, and that will be the kick off to working on the nursery.

Good news! I got my results of my glucose test in the mail, it was not over the limit so I should be in the clear and not have to take it again. Actually my result is probably a bit on the low side so I am going to call my dr. on Monday and see if I need to do anything to remedy that or if it is anything to be concered with, from what I read on line it is something more concerning for myself than for my baby and I probably just need to eat small meals throughout the day with complex carbs to keep my sugar levels more constant.

This week I am traveling to OH on business on Thrusday and while I am there I am going to start the registry process for baby, as we don't have a babies r us in State College. My mom is having a shower for us the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and we won't find out the gender until Oct 16th so that doesn't give me a lot of time to register before she wants to send out invites. So my plan is to register now and then adjust it on line after we find out the gender in a couple of weeks. I am excited to shop for baby stuff, although I am very minimalist in what is in my house and I hate clutter so I am going to try and keep it to esentials only - I have had a lot of mom's tell me good luck with that!

If anyone has any suggestions etc. on what they loved and hated as far as baby products go I would love to hear them, so shoot me an e-mail.

1 comment:

jane said...

Ocober 16th is the big day. Yea!! As far as baby products I really liked: FP swing (lifesaver), wipe warmer, Avent bottles (now BPA free) and a sling or carrier. Oh and a Medela Breast Pump if you plan on nursing. I like Pampers diapers and Huggies wipes. That should about cover my faves! I got this book called "Baby Bargains". Really helped with the registering process as if has reviews of everything.